Re: Greater Prax

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 16:15:18 EDT

Me:
<< 1372 Sheng's commanders plunder Teshnos, Ignorance, Greater Prax.

 -Peter Metcalfe
 Still haven't quit sussed what this "Greater Prax" refers to.  I doubt that the Selerans can take over the whole of the  Wastelands but they certainly didn't take over Prax at this  time.

I think 'plundering somewhere' and 'taking over somewhere' are slightly different. I would argue that no one could 'take over' a virtually empty wasteland like Prax. I believe Greater Prax would be a term for the Wastes, although I have no evidence for this, other than there is really nowhere else it could be - the Prax of Nomad Gods has, I think, been refered to as Inner Prax. Since Sheng's horde has included Bison and other animal nomads I see no reason that he could have been he most powerful warlord in Greater Prax, PEnt, Teshnos, Kralorela and Dara Happa all at the same time. It seems difficult to plunder Teshnos without crossing either big mountains, elf jungle or the Wastes, so presumably the sub-Hordes past through the wastes (at least) plundering as they went.

Keith N