Wood in Prax

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 23:22:43 +1200

Paul Anderson:

>There are several sources of wood in Prax. There are several oases, to
>start with; any oasis dwellers pay tribute in anything they have that
>the nomads want. (including wood).

Palms generally do not make timber.

>I do not see where the Pol-Joni getting enough wood to repair ox-carts
>is a problem. They live, at least for now, around the Good Place, which
>is (or is there argument?) wet enough for woody shrubs and small trees.

Woody shrubs and small trees are not big enough to provide planks needed to build carts.

>I must say the wood in the Big Rubble did not occur to me, and is a good
>thought. However, the elves are not the typical oasis dwellers; they nomads
>cannot simply terrorise them.

They can threaten to burn the forest down.

>Either by trading with them, which would/wood require a great price for the
>Aldryami to give up their kindred for slaughter;

This is not a problem as the Aldryami can use food song. The major barrier is that the Aldryami distrust everything outside their forest.

>Possibly, but it would mean the Lunars giving up
>peace for their hatred of elves.

The Lunars do not hate elves. The Elves hate the Lunars for long ago sins.