Re: Pure Horse

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 13:43:55 EDT

Bob Stancliff:
<< Appearently Joraz Kyrem made his deal with Dorasor to help with the  retaking of Pavis and the building of the new city. This is the creation  of the new Zebra tribe. Since zebras were one of Eiritha's children,  there were probably zebra riders before this, but they were a minor tribe  like the lizards or the rhinos. >>

I think it was Olgarth Arrow Eye of the zebra tribe who helped Dorasor with the new city. The Zebra Tribe had survived on the plains since their exile following the Occupation. The Tribe is run along military lines as it is really the descendants of the Pavic Cavalry of the golden age of Pavis. I think it was stated somewhere that zebras did not have a partner in Waha's covenant which was why they were okay to be used by Joraz. Whether this is REALLY true is open to more debate.

Another question, while I'm here: what was Pavis called when Pavis was alive? Not just "Pavis" as this would surely be confusing when refering to the person of the city. "Paragua" was what the nomads called it, but I think city people would object to naming their home after a defeated enemy. Robcradle was the previous name, so perhaps "New Robcradle" (which I don't like at all). I did think of "Big City" (which nicely degenerates into "Big Rubble") but I'm really open to suggestions. Perhaps Pavis, being an egomaniac, did name his city after himself, or alternatively Pavis was the name of the city, the name of the founder of the city is not known and he is simply refered to as Pavis.

Keith N

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #64