Prax, etc.

From: Paul Anderson <pmanderson_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 19:43:07 PDT

Keith N:

>Varajiia Nopor

Please remind me who she is.

Nick Brooke:
>Aeolians and Orlanthi as closer than Saxons and Normans
Thank you for putting so clearly the right answer; another parallel (in this respect only) would be the Buddhists in China, who have a 'higher' interpretation of folk religion, but do not battle with it or it with them. Of course this sort of relationship can break down, like the Buddhists in India...

Peter Metcalfe:

You see difficulties I do not.

>palms

I do not believe that the 'oases' of Prax are all palm groves. The climate is temperate (see chart in SC/Borderlands); the pictures and descriptions of the Zola Fel are temperate, and some of the rooves of Pavis are beamed; and the suggested picture of Prax is from the American Southwest - over which wagons were used and kept in repair.

I think is MGF for the procurment of wood from the Aldryami to be a quest, whether done by meeting their price or conquering them. The Aldryami do not generally surrender under threat of forest fire - any of them that did were whittled to nothing by Zorak Zorani long ago.

>Lunars don't hate elves; elves hate Lunars
Do Lunars _officially_ and collectively hate anyone, even Orlanatus Terminus? It is policy that everyone should come in for therapy and be Healed. Many Lunar Citizens have no feeling whatever against Aldryami.

But there are currents in the culture strong enough to have massacred at least two elvenwoods. Consider: one of the Seven Mothers was a troll, and the Empire has long and profitably been allied with dwarves. It is not surprising that any culture which manages to contain two of the Elder Races should occasionally lash out against the third.

Paul MacLean Anderson
pmanderson_at_hotmail.com
"I'm not making this up, you know!"