Kralorelan/draconic expert? - draconic retribution

From: Ian Thomson <ithomson_at_swin.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 12:06:31 +1000

Hi

I don't know if there is a Kralorelan and/or draconic expert? I just looked at Glorantha.com and couldn't find the expert list, perhaps there aren't any anymore??

Anyhow, my first question (the answer to which may be common knowledge to many other than myself) is:
If the Inhuman King decided the EWF was so bad, and the western dragonewts see Kralorelans as draconic heretics - why don't dragonewts attack Kralorela?

Actually there are several questions!
If western dragonewts see Kralorela as a not-quite-as-bad-thing as the EWF but still pretty bad, what is the difference? Why is Kralorela accepted and not been subject to mass murders etc like the EWF was?

Also, why do the dragonewts let Farang Farosh live? Possibly he was from a period of the EWF that respected draconic wisdom and so he wasn't one of the people they wanted to destroy? If, so what philosophical/mystical attitudes make him different?

If some aspects of draconic lore still existed in Pavis, somehow preserved amongst the Pavic peoples that survived - would the dragonewts care enough to do anything about it? (This question raised by the presence of a Pavic PC with draconic powers in the recent Hero Wars demo I played in)

I wonder would it have to be a secret thing almost totally hidden away, so that newts never heard about it? (seems unlikely to me) Or do the dragonewts simply not care, providing of course that the Pavic version of draconic mysticism is (a) of the variety that is more acceptable to the newts, and (b) doesn't grow to become another EWF but stays at the level of hidden wisdom learned only by the elite and especially gifted few.

Final question - If the dragonewts in Pavis (and elsewhere) do tolerate draconic mysticism being used in Pavis (either cos its OK by them, or because they totally don't give a monkey's) would they have any interaction with these draconic mystics? My initial idea is that they would not, as the Pavis mystics would keep their heads well and trul down whenever newts were about - fearing a repeat of the 1042 massacres. But then if there was only one High Mystic of the discipline in Pavis, perhaps he alone would have the ability to interact with the newts at their level, and maybe even still study amongst them. Perhaps they would respect him/her as a genuinely honourable follower of draconic ways, even as an honorary dragonewt?

any non-expert comments also appreciated

cheers

Ian
(personal replies please to:
arkat_at_primus.com.au )