Re: Pseudo-Gloranthan figures

From: NFranz197_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 21:22:28 EDT

Hi,

    I think I may have discovered something that could be of some interest here. I was at a convention last month, and there I discovered a series of excellent resin figurines by French manufacturer FENRYLL. They are about the same size as your typical GamesWorkshop miniature. In fact, I was told that a lot of players are already using Fenryll figures as "reinforcements" for GW table-top games, because they just look so awesome, are sturdier and a lot cheaper compared to GW figures.

    Maybe it is just me, but I think most of the Fenryll figures have a distinctly Gloranthan flavour about them, or are at least usable for Glorantha. This may be pure coincidence, but maybe the designers of those figures knew about Glorantha (?). There is a set of "goat-people" that look intriguingly like Broos to me, and axe-wielding barbarians that just scream out "Orlanthi!" IMO, as well as cool amazons, knights, witches, etc. Oh, and by the way, there is also a Male & Female set of so-called "bird-people" which may be used as Wind Children. Just an idea.

    AFAIK, Fenryll figures are only available in France, or via special mail-orders, "Drachenhort" in Germany being one of them.

Norbert