Re: Dragons and Immanent Mastery

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 15:45:30 EDT

Bob Stancliff:

<< The False Dragon Empire (name could be wrong) created by the  Godslearners were the heretics, as is the Path of Immanent Mastery, which  I -believe- to be a Godslearner bastardization of the draconic truths  given to the EWF and misused by the Godslearners to help them hold power  in Kralorela. I think that the False Dragon Empire was brought down in  the same period as the Godslearners and the EWF.>>

The way I understand it, Godlearners in Nochet nicked the secret of understanding Dragon Speech from the cult of Drolgard. Once they had done this something *sinister* happened and they went dragon-bonkers. Vistikos got the Second Formula (hwhatever that is) and started the Waltzing and Hunting Bands and went around spreading their new understanding (which I believe may have been either a mis-understanding or incomplete understanding). This was in the 6th century. The New Dragon Ring soon abandoned God Learner principles once they understood Dragon Magic. I would think that there would be more than one way to misunderstand draconic thinking so the Path of Immanent Mastery was simply the Kralorelan manifestation, while the Wyrms Mind Collective was the Central Genertelan misunderstanding. What I would like to know is the origin of Wyrms. Every reference that I can find is suspiciously vague about their origins (RQ2 rules say that they are the result of a misguided attempt by the Second Council to create new dragons after the ancestral dragons either went away or went to sleep). My own theory is that Wyrms were humans that have gone as draconic as they can, a Central Genertelan Path of Immanent Wyrmery.

Both the EWF and New Dragon Ring were originally Godlearners, both picked up some misunderstanding of Dragon Power and were seduced by it. I don't claim to understand the pyramid selling aspect of the EWF but consider Charismatic Wisdom to be some sort of equivalent to Understand Auld Wyrmish.

The most confusing reference is from the Dragon Pass rules where someone called Eriayalaia, the Veil of the Moon, met with the Inhuman King to discuss philosophy, and ended up discussing treason, inhuman things, death and genocide, euthanasia and god's wills. 666 years (376, ie the year after sunstop))after this conversation the Dragonewts rose up to destroy the heart of the Empire (1042?). This makes me think the whole thing was planned by the Blue Moon for an even more sinster purpose than any Dragonewt plot.

IMO there is a link between the Dragon's Awakening Shudder (1051), that planet jumping across the sky, and assorted other Dragon troubles in the 11th and 12th centuries, and the link is those pesky exiled Exarchs in the Kingdom of Ignorance

Keith N