Western Tarsh

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 21:09:30 +1300

Daniel Ramos:

> I want to find any URL where I could get detailed maps of Tarsh and
>the western zone of the Dragon Pass, and some information about Tarsh in
>the gloranthan year 1617.

The best map overall of the Tarsh and Western Dragon Pass is William Church's map at the back of RQ2 and in the Dragon Pass wargame. Further minor detail can be found in KoS p129 such as the location of Grizzly Peak etc.

Tarsh War has a map showing Bagnot, the region of the Tarsh Exiles, the Bush Range and Dwarf Valley. This is very useful once your PCs have left Sartar proper and are close to Tarsh.

RQ Adventures #5 has a map encompassing Dwarf Run, Trader's Valley, Far Point and bits of the Southern Stinking Forest. It's crammed with detail about various landmarks there but nothing on Tarsh itself. RQ Adventures #6 would supposedly cover the Stinking Forest itself but I've never seen it.

I know of no maps that cover the lands of the Black Horse Troop, the Grazelands in detail.

Tarsh itself is enjoying a period of peace and prosperity under the leadership of its regent Pharandros after King Moirades rarely pays much attention to worldly affairs since he was touched by the Goddess (according to the pious), deranged by a stroke suffered in an orgy (according to the impious), or both (according to the illuminated).

It's last period of trouble was Grazer raids in 1614 and 1615 but those have died away after the Empire invaded the Grazelands in reprisal. Some puzzle as to who the reigning Sun Chief was then, but it probably is now Jarsandron Tenherds.