Re: EWF emperors.

From: Kmnellist_at_AOL.COM
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 17:17:13 EDT

I seem to have two views about EWF emperors. While it seems logical that an Empire needs an Emperor, and I like the escalating ranks of Entelang Vis, for some reason I still feel that the EWF was an Empire with a 'real' Emperor. I can see that certain individuals might claim to be Emperors, might act like Emperors, certainly boast (these were Orlanthi after all) that they have the power of Emperors, and that perhaps no one would object to or dispute these claims, but there is no necessary central authority figure implicit (like there *must* be for the Dara Happan Empire) fin the Wyrms Mind Collective. I would suggest that since it was the Age of Empires, and the Middle Sea had one, and Dara Happa had one, and even the elves had someone who could be described as an Emperor of the Elves, then it makes sence to call the EWF an empire.

David Dunham:
<< I'm sure most of the EWF emperors had good Heortling names. They've  just never been written down.

 In my "Diet of Wyrms," a mini-LARP set in 774 S.T.,the Emperor is  Entelang Vis, King of the Stravuli, High King of the Heortlings,  Emperor of the Wyrm's Mind>>

Me:
>I do not think there are any named Emperors, (the only
>individual being the Dragon Emperor of Dara Happa),

Peter Metcalfe:
<<There are the Dragonspeakers such as Isangdrang who might  have later retired to become part of Drang the Diamond Storm  Dragon. Other important names are Usdaros the Impatient,  Peranal the Protector and of course Vistikos Lefteye.

 However I really don't see these as being "Emperors" but more  like Prime Ministers wielding devolved draconic powers.   >>

So really, I agree with Peter, but see no reason for Entelang Vis, or anyone else to have to resign their Imperial Majesty just because the Wyrms Mind doesn't really need them.

Keith N