Twin Hills

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 15:06:26 EDT

In a message dated 9/22/99 2:27:40AM, you write:

<< Parallels come to mind with the 'seven hills of Rome' and the hills of  Jerusalem (which is an archetype for Pavis). >>

The reason I think they are unusual is that the cleft between them is so steep that each side is a cliff of brick red rock. I also note that there are 9 hills in Pavis; New Pavis/Zebraside, Real City, Twin Hill 1, Twin Hill 2, Yelmalio Hill, Green Hill, Temple Hill, Blind King's Palace, Badside. Ruling out Badside as there were no ruins on it (so it wasn't a desirable place to build in the Old Days) and the fact that it half outside the Walls leaves 8 hills. If we now join up the Twin Hills to make one hill we get the classic/cliche Original Seven Hills of Pavis: Zebra Hill, Real City Hill, Magicians Hill (site of Robcradle Ruins), Yelmalio Hill (Elmal Hill?Sun Hill?*), Green Hill, Temple Hill, King's Hill (Palace Hill).

I think that the original Big Rubble big map gives the stronest impression of a cleft BTW and subsequent illustrations and maps give a less clear impression. (missing out cliff lines for example)

Keith N

*Ducks may come on pilgrimage to see The Bill. (UK TV pun)