Paragua's Walls

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 15:06:30 EDT

In a message dated 9/22/99 2:27:40AM, you write:

<< The walls were broken twice. I believe that Jaldon made the little break  on the side where New Pavis is. I am pretty certain that the trolls made  the Troll Break. I will have to get my Pavis book out again to check.

I think Thog first broke the walls, with Jolanti and troll allies, in 875. I think this breaking of walls may have been more a case of getting past the walls rather than smashing a hole in them. [I think this because in 1621 there are only 2 breaks- Troll Break and the lower bit of wall on Rich Hill pushed over by the Great Rhino summoned by Jorbal Rhino Kahn some time after 940.] Thog then occupied the city for a couple of years until Joraz was able to get Sun Dome Templar help, but were unable to damage the King's Villa (Pavis Temple). I think that at this stage Paragua's Walls are unfinished (meaning rough stone as opposed to incomplete) and without gatehouses. These were finished by the Mostali after Thog's occupation, but before or during Jaldon's 13 year siege (927-940), which ended when he chewed a big hole in the wall, now known as Troll Break. (Garngar Gateguard was 'the general of Pavis who fortified the Gates and the Breach' but was killed by Jorbal Rhino Kahn)

I have a slight chronological problem on Aldryami in Pavis relating to Thog, and his occupation. I suspect that the elves arrives from shadows dance after Thogs occupation, otherwise why did the Trolls not eat them. Perhaps they just went into hiding but the Garden was even smaller then than it is now. The Flintnail cult is noted as leading the resistance to Thog/The Trolls.

However the Council of Elves in Pavis has a palce for a Chosen One which was, apparently originally occupied by Pavis himself. Pavis had retired in 860, before Thog came. There is nothing to stop the elves coming back to Pavis after Thog I guess.

Keith N