Re: EWF without Empire

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 08:46:03 +0200

Peter:

> >I seem to have two views about EWF emperors. While it seems logical
> >that an Empire needs an Emperor,
>
> Not every empire does. The Athenian Empire had none and the head
> of the British Empire was only called such in India.

To take a Gloranthan example, I think the empire of Golden Mokato, which was a contemporary of the EWF, didn't have an emperor either. I have tentatively labelled the highest functionary Grand Steward. I think he or she was regarded as a proxy for Govmeranen, the perfect mystic ruler and the last lord of all of Vithela.

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/nils_w/