Exarchs

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 15:24:39 EDT

In a message dated 10/18/99 6:58:20PM, you write:

<< perhaps the rather-too-good-to-be-true  Exarchs are actually the dreams of the Emperor? >>

This ties in nicely with the description in the history of Sheng Seleris where an Exarch stands in for Godunya, but I'm not entirely convinced. The existence of Exarchs before Godunya, and the exiled Exarchs of Ignorance (saying this after drinking several cups of rice wine is one of the tests for Mandarin-hood in Kralorela :))during the rule of the False Dragon Ring would need some explanation. Admittedly they could act 'as if they were' dream dragons of Godunya which might be good enough for some people.

I had thought that Exarchs were just retired Archs, but I must be wrong.

Keith N