Re: Carmanos

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 21:25:48 +0100

Zebraface writes:

> adaptation Roman bull-slayer Mithra as Carmanos lawmaker subdued Bisosae

> I expected many aspect to perished Carmanos cult not simple saint-worship
> but complex stygian-heretical cult like Yelm.

I agree. Carmanos kills the Bull and eats its heart, taking on certain of its divine qualities. He also does this to the Lion. The opposition between Lion and Bull, Summer and Winter, is fundamental to Carmanian beliefs. This quasi-Mithraic sacrifice is my own addition to the Carmanian mythos.

> Also like Invisible Orlanth, in Roman Empire soldiers revered this
> esoteric war god of long-days rival empire:Partia and Sassanoid Empire

I deliberately wrote the "Persian" Carmanians to fit in with most cultural archetypes for the Lunar Empire -- whether they're seen as Classical Greeks, Hellenistic Greeks, Republican Romans, Imperial Romans, Byzantines, Muslims, or even more modern empires, you can always find room for shady dealings with whoever's running Persia at the time.

> Please teach me for direct contact E-MAIL ADDRESS two nobles below:

	Loren Miller	mailto:loren_at_ioxy.com
	Greg Stafford	mailto:greg_at_chaosium.com

> and recent condition of Loren Miller' s website Fabulous Glorantha.
> where does it go?PLEASE TEACH NEW ADDRESS or planning.

You can find a link to the Carmanian area of Loren's new site from my own Carmania page, at
http://www.btinternet.com/~Nick_Brooke/Carmania/carmania.htm

He hasn't restored the Fabulous Glorantha site in its entirety.

:::: Email: <mailto:Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com> Nick