Buy this book too!

From: MOB <mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 13:24:34 +1000

G'day all,

Better late than never, in GD V7 #125 I reviewed the Moon Design Publication's first release, "Pavis & Big Rubble". Even later, here's my review of Rick Meints's other recent work, the second edition to Index to Glorantha.

I've put both these reviews up on the RPGnet site <http://www.rpg.net/>.

The Meints Index to Glorantha (MiG) 2

Gloranthaholic extraordinaire Rick Meints profiles just about *everything* from the entire Glorantha oeuvre in this, the second edition of his Index to Glorantha.

This update even features miniatures, and starts with Chaosium's earliest works in the 70's (White Bear & Red Moon), through the glorious 80s
(Runequest's "Pavis", "Big Rubble", "Borderlands" etc.) and on to the
Avalon Hill RQ3 products of the 90's.

Rick also details the wide range of magazines that featured RuneQuest and Glorantha material (ie. "Different Worlds", "White Dwarf", etc.), and the incredibly rich array of semi-professional and fan-based publications that have kept Greg Stafford's creation vibrant and alive over the decades
("Tales of the Reaching Moon").

Rick includes often witty and acerbic but always-comprehensive descriptions of each item,
and a damn useful index at the end. The "What Never Was" boxes sprinkled throughout are interesting, describing a multitude of projects that were announced, but unfortunately never came to pass - no one seemed to miss 1981's putative "Ships and Sailing", but I think we all regret that "The X-rated Supplement" touted in 1979 (and said to only be available to "persons over 21") didn't ever appear.

The MiG will certainly come in handy for Glorantha fans, especially collectors: over 100 cover art illustrations will certainly help track down what you're after. Rick even includes a guide to prices you might expect to pay at a con auction - "Griffin Mountain" was originally priced at 15.95, but expect to pay up to $120 if you want it these days!

The Meints Index to Glorantha 2 is Reaching Moon Megacorp product. Ordering information is available at Nick Brooke's homepage: <http://www.btinternet.com/~Nick_Brooke/>.

Cheers,

MOB

MICHAEL O'BRIEN
Department of Science and Mathematics Education The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3052 Australia
           Email me : mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au
     MOB's Home Page: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/index.html
MOB's Glorantha Page: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/glorindex.html
 DOB Footy Scrapbook: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/dobfootycard.html