Creoles and Western Languages

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 13:50:04 +1300

David Weihe:

>As to someone's earlier question whether there were Creoles
>in Glorantha, my guess about Western speech (Seshnegi,
>Jrustelan, Old Akemite, etc) is that they were originally pidgins
>from Old Brithini and the local hsunchen languages.

They are not. Speaking and Language was invented by the Kachasti in the glorious days of the Kingdom of Logic (before that it seems that the Kingdom communicated by thoughts alone).

The remants of Kachasti lands are now Loskalm and Seshnela and the people there do not consider themselves inferior to the Brithini. Their mythology tells them that the Brithini were originally just a related tribe that developed Sorcery, while the Waertagi were another that built ships.

While the Brithini do believe themselves to be the True Original People, they are the only Malkioni that believe this and everybody else thinks they damned themselves by not helping Malkion in his hour of need.

As for actual creoles themselves, the language families of Teshnos (Blue People/Kralori) and Fonrit (Pamaltelan/ Blue People) appear to be such.