Website News; Tradetalk

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 19:42:01 +0100

There's even more "Life of Moonson" material on my website. In honour of the season, I've assembled a Halloween Special, starring the Wicked Witch of the West and some of her close family:

My opinion on this "Tradetalk" malarkey? I think the Dialectizer website (linked from my home page) produces documents as fluent as written Tradetalk is ever likely to get. You do not speak Tradetalk to impress. It is low-order, basic communication.

Further, I think that Tradetalk, like so many other Gloranthan concepts, has both mundane and magical elements, and that viewing it as either an entirely mundane pidgin/creole *or* an entirely magical Common Tongue or Alignment Language of Convenience would be mistaken.

:::: Email: <mailto:Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com> Nick