Free-floating Fragment

From: MOB <mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 00:48:08 +1100

G'day all,

Free-floating Fragment

Sorry, I noted this free-floating fragment was tagged on at the bottom of my last post to the Digest ("New Additions to MOB's Glorantha Page" V7 #132). I was going to pitch into the great Pavic/Old Pavic debate again, but the debate had moved on before I had got round to finishing what I wanted to say:

>Jane sez:
>> Compare American and Australian English (both of which have had
>> much more time to drift) to the real thing, and I think you'd agree that
>> the common language of Pavis is Sartarite with an accent.
>
>Bob Stancliff disagrees and replies:
>
>>I feel that you oversimplify if you imply that American and Australian
>>are 'British with an accent'. The local vocabularies are different enough
>>to be full dialects, and not just pronunciation changes.
>
>I don't know where Bob is from, or what version of English he speaks, but...

OK, to finish off my thought:

Cheers,

MOB

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #134