Martin Slowey

From: Rob <r.marcus_at_herts.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 12:45:28 -0000

> I've just started subscribing to the list and I just thought I'd say
hello.My name > is Martin and I'm from Leeds in the UK

Allo mate

Noone seems to have put up a welcome message on the Digest, so I will.

Welcome to the GD!

Just a couple of tips:

  1. Go into your mail settings and uncheck the box that says "send HTML" (exact wording and location will depend on your mail program)
  2. Don't be fazed by the level of some of the discussions here - they can get really esoteric and pedantic and sometimes use technical words (like esoteric and pedantic). When I first subscribed about 4 years ago, I used my delete button an awful lot.
  3. If you have any Gloranthan questions, however trivial, this is the place to ask. You may get some replies that say "just read page X in [insert out-of-print title here]" but you may also get some really useful information. Who knows, maybe you'll start one of these debates that lasts ages until everyone loses enthusiasm?
  4. Follow links to people's web pages - some of these guys have acres of material to get ideas from.
  5. Get yourself to Convulsion in July if you can. It is bloody great.
  6. Most important - Have Fun!

Rob.

Veni Vermini Vomui