Carmanians

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 20:52:56 -0000

Terra Incognita / Zebraface (?) writes:

> are in most famous (notorious?) witch in the carmanian area
> Taloned(what this mean? does she have talons like ogress?)
> countess(satrapess) yolanela patroness of spolite dark tradition?
> or is she so called simply because her conspirator/crafty nature?

IMO, Yolanela the Taloned Countess has *terribly* long fingernails, rather like the Dowager Empress of China. She isn't inhuman in *that* regard, at least...

MOB and I have written stories about her, which hint at her background. See the "Yolanelathon" on MOB's website, at: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/gloranthafiction.htm

also Yolanela's "Life of Moonson" character sheet on my website: http://www.btinternet.com/~Nick_Brooke/Moonie/Moonson/yolanela.htm

> decision between fatawa(illegal gods sometimes revered dark shahs)
> and jargiz(accepted gods) in carmanian magi house brostangian archmoor
> hierofant of brinnus/son of yolanela has as his right.

This is correct. Of course, Brostangian has to follow the correct rites of the Magi in making his determination; it isn't solely up to him to determine what is permissible and what is an abomination.

Brostangian's LoM character sheet is also available: http://www.btinternet.com/~Nick_Brooke/Moonie/Moonson/brostangian.htm

Correct. See also my notes on Carmanian Cults (esp. Spolite) at: http://www.btinternet.com/~Nick_Brooke/Carmania/carmcult.htm

> moreover in my expectation, arronius jaranthir abandoned some jargiz
> in the old empire as out of lunar way (this category involves Humakt
> and Valind) and admitted some fatawa like gerra of dezarpovo and natha
> of goddess well oppressed by anti-mysticism in elder masclinists.

Correct. See the section "Viziers and Magi" in my notes on Carmanian Society:
http://www.btinternet.com/~Nick_Brooke/Carmania/carmsoc.htm

I hope this helps and that I have understood what you are saying. If you'd like more information about any of this, please ask.

:::: Email: <mailto:Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com> Nick