Battle of the Lopers

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 13:33:21 +1300

Keith Nellist:

>> Actually the Loper people remained (in some form or another) on
>> Melib until the battle of the Lopers in Slontos (805 ST). Only
>> recently have the Lopers returned.

>So why did the Lopers go all the way to Slontos from Melib to get wiped out
>by King Svagad? This seems a bit odd.Had they been driven from Melib by the
>Middle Sea Empire, and travelled through Teshnos, Prax, Dragon Pass,
Esrolia,
>and Caladraland to get to Slontos, or are Loper sea faring in some way?

They were actually hired by the Slontans for defense against the God Learners. As for the distance, the Lopers are capable of teleportating and so I presume the Loper people had some form of long distance teleportation to move armies around.

Since the Lopers are not reported in Dawn or Imperial Age Peloria, I assume this power was limited to coastal regions - although this means that the Lopers were known to the Kingdom of Night, which is not attested to in published material.

I think the God Learners managed to discover (with the aid of another Loper enemy) how to reverse the loper magics to eradicate all Lopers everywhere.