Tarshite

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 14:04:57 +1300

Alex Ferguson:

>> IMO the linguistic gulf [between Manirian and Pelorian languages]
>> largely results from the isolation as a result of the Dragonkill
>> and the cultural impact of the Lunar Empire upon the Pelorian
>> Orlanthi.

>I guess that's a large chunk of it at least, though to some extent
>I'd think it'd date back to the whole business of Vingkot and his
>missuses. But in that case the boundary is less clear (at least to
>me)...

That's a possibility that hadn't occured to me. But both the Manirian and Pelorian sub-families include several peoples who were never Vingkotlings. For Maniria, there are the Harandings and the Caladrans while the Pelorians include the Talastari and the Sylilings. One could argue that Vingkot formed his tribes from among the northern and southern peoples...