Recommendations

From: MOB <mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 17:37:30 +1100

G'day all,

Recommendations

Herb asked:

>I'd say yes for the second question. I first learned of Glorantha from
>RQ 2, but never got any RQ 2 supplements (geography and age) and only a
>few RQ 3 ones and KoS. So, I'd love to see what the hardcore types are
recommending.

The first step you should you take is to familiarise yourself with what's come out in the past two decades, and then you can decide for yourself: some of the old RQ2 stuff and even a lot of the RQ3 material is now pretty hard to get, and you could end up paying top dollar for something that's probably only of interest to hardened collectors (ie the boxed "Adventurer Sheets" or Eldarad). The excellent Meints Index to Glorantha will tell you everything you need to know ("we couldn't have come up with something better if we had put all our heads together", sez Guungala, High Priest of Thanatar). The second edition is currently available from Reaching Moon Megacorp.

For a start, I heartily recommend the Gloranthan Classics' reissue of "Pavis" & "Big Rubble". I've got a review of it - and the MiG (and Eldarad!) - on my homepage.

Cheers,

MOB

MICHAEL O'BRIEN - 9 Parker Street Richmond VIC 3121 Australia +61-3-9428-9048
           Email me : mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au
     MOB's Home Page: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/index.html
MOB's Glorantha Page: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/glorindex.html
 DOB Footy Scrapbook: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/dobfootycard.html