Advanced RQ // HW in Birmingham

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 13:51:56 +0000

In message , Fiorito, Dave <dfiorito_at_fmgnet.com> writes
>Been lurking but now I have a question.
>
>In a message about old RQ material Norbert mentioned "Advanced RuneQuest,
>rules expansions (GDW, 1987)". I never heard of it. What did it consist of
>and where can I get a copy.

I think/assume Norbert is misattributing the publisher, not GDW (publishers of Traveller) but GW - prior to their current incarnation as a Warhammer only outlet, GW were, effectively, the British RPG Hobby - Importers, retailers and publishers. They had deals with a number of American publishers to print English Editions of their games (including AD&D, Paranoia, Middle Earth Roleplaying, and a number of Chaosium products (CoC, Stormbringer, and, of course RQ)). Generally, other than including the GW logo, these products were, to all intents and purposes identical to the US Products. When AH bought out RQ3 as a boxed set containing five flimsy paper covered books for a phenomenal price, GW decided to do things slightly different, and re-packaged the books as Basic and Advanced RQ, two Hardcover books with GW-style painted covers. - - A third volume "RQ Monsters" added the missing creatures from the creatures book, together with some stuff from Monster Coliseum. To the best of my knowledge, if you have these AH products you have everything in the GW editions.

the MiG will have more details on GW's RQ Products....

And on HW in Birmingham - Count me in too - I don't guarantee to run an entire campaign, but I will (almost) definitely be running something...

> Also where can I get a draft of RQ:AIG?

That I don't know... Presumably off someone who already has a copy? Since it was playtest material, they probably shouldn't distribute it. Since the game will never come out, you or they may consider this unimportant . . . I'm not sure if AH, Chaosium or the original authors would take the same view...

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #162