Issaries Initiation

From: aelarsen_at_facstaff.wisc.edu
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 19:28:43 -0600

        I'm running a campaign set in Sartar, in which each PC is initiated into a different Lightbringer cult. Each character has gotten a specialized initiation ritual, some of which have been very minor hero-quests, while others have been more mundane. Thus the Chalanan had to ritually confront death and defeat it with harmony, while the Lankhor Mhyte had to go on a ritual search for the Goddess of the Light of Reason and overcome the tricks of Tien, and the Eurmali had to get drunk and re-enact Eurmal's role in the discovery of death.

        The problem that I'm running into is that I'm having trouble coming up with something interesting for the Issaries initiation. I expect that it opens with the Spare Grain ritual, but the player is more interested in Issaries' role a a scout and traveller, so I've been toying around with having her go seeking for something lost (or unknown) and have to trade things to get what she needs to recover the item.

        Does anyone out there have any suggestions or ideas for this. The mythology for Issaries isn't much help, since there aren't many stories about Issaries (as was noted on the list just a short while ago).

Andrew E. Larsen