De-spamming Glorantha.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 15:30:34 GMT

bjm10:
> Could this digest be made "subscriber-only"?

The objection to this is that one would get (for example) complaints that "Hey, you're not subscribed to this list, abf_at_joyce.ucc.ie! Clearly you're not at all the same as abf_at_cs.ucc.ie', and such like, from the non-100%-sagacious mail server. Fixable, though perhaps with more effort than one would wish.

> Likewise, is it automatic signup or done by hand?

It's automatic (I think), but even so, it's a handy deterent to the Casual Spammer -- which is almost a tautology, really...

Cheers,
Alex.