Re: Nandan

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 06:44:05 EST

Darvall:

<< Nandan. Where can I find more info? Or is he a comment of Greg's  subsequently infered into existance & so a product of digest dickering? >>

     Nandan the Birthing Man isn't mentioned in any printed source, AFAIK. Greg has stated that the god exists - if an Orlanthi man wants to wear a frock, give birth, etc. then this is the cult he joins. Its presumably a hero cult/subcult, although of what I don't know - Ernalda would be my guess.

     When he was writing HW, Robin Laws was talking a lot about Nandan under the heading of 'things I never knew before about Glorantha'. So its probably an exaggeration to say the Digest has 'infered Nandan into existence' as Greg seems pretty clear on the subject. But he isn't in print, either. In fact, he's a bit of a silly idea, if you ask me...

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky