How much is a Lunar worth?

From: GAZZA <gazza_at_wantree.com.au>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 21:28:21 +0800

(BTW, to settle a previous question - no, I am regrettably not the soccer player. Name is "Gary"; "GAZZA" is a common nickname. Sorry to disappoint.)

Thanks for the answers to "what do the gods know", guys. I've got another one for you: how much is a Lunar/Penny/Guilder worth?

I mean, there's RQ3, which says basically that 1 penny is the daily subsistence level. Fair enough. But then, in RQ Con Compendium, in the LARP writeup, it seems that 5L is enough to hire an entire company of mercenaries. So something's stuffed here.

Perhaps RQ2 can help? Well, not really; it looks like the prices of (eg) training were GREATLY reduced in RQ3 (I'm wondering now whether adventurers used to lug around lots of silver in RQ2, or if they got something like training vouchers instead).

Can anyone give me some examples? The sort of thing I'm after is:
- - How much would a wolf hide be worth? A lion hide? A small diamond?

I'm having a fair bit of difficulty trying to reconcile this; I want to use RQ2 source material (I've just got Pavis and Big Rubble, and it is every bit as good as you fellows claimed - thanks!), but I'm using RQ3 rules and I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to adjust the treasures and pricing.
- --
GAZZA
"To know others is wisdom.
To know one's self is enlightenment."