Re: Is Vinga really Orlanth in drag?

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 10:47:53 EST

In a message dated 26/11/99 10:28:49 GMT, you write:

<< Yes if there is a myth with both as different characters. Hero proxy don't count because the myth could be the story of Vinga as hero. Father/daugther don't count either as it is the HQ of Vinga as hero that created the link. Is there such a myth?>>

      I've certainly heard a number of such myths (eg Questlines #1, p18) but whether or not they are canon I don't know, as I don't think any were written by Greg. But I'd be surprised to discover that no such myths existed in Glorantha - which may not prove much, admittedly, as Greg has certainly surprised me before with some of his statements about Glorantha.

<<> a Vingan could be, for assorted mythic identification> purposes, Ernalda,
Orlanth, or Vinga herself

So a Vingan would be initiate of both Orlanth and Ernalda ? Draconic brain spliting could be handy.>>

     Like all other Orlanthi initiates, she certainly would be a lay member of both. Furthermore, especially if she's a full-blown devotee with all the connection to the GodPlane that implies, she could certainly take either part in the myths, or, indeed, that of any other Orlanthi deity, as far as I understand it. Not that I suspect she'd be very good at being Lhankor Mhy or Chalana Arroy, mind you*, but she could give it a go, since she understands their mythology well enough.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky