Ernalda

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 12:42:27 GMT

David Dunham replies to me:
> > the computer game is neatly
> > explicit about this, and one you've generated your clan, determining
> > whether Orlanth[*] or Ernalda is the most important god, your clan
> > ring will pitilessly abuse you if you then select a person of the
> > wrong cult -- and gender, since they map 1:1 in KoDP -- on these grounds.
> > I think myself it's not quite as clear-cut as that

> I'm sure it's not so clear-cut, but for King of Dragon Pass (which is
> directed to a non-Gloranthaphile audience) we needed something
> simple.

Of course: I was making a caveat, not a criticism. Though while I'm here...

> Thus, if you're an Ernalda clan, you'd best have an Ernalda
> chief. Of course, you may not have any qualified Ernaldans, so it's a
> trade-off.

It's hard to imagine not having any qualified Ernaldans in an Ernalda clan. It's as likely as not having any "qualified Orlanthi" in an "Orlanth clan", which statement is about as redundant as it sounds. If this ever had come up in play, you'd have gotten a bug report about it, rest assured. ;-)

Cheers,
Alex.