Esrolia

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 22:37:21 +1300

Joerg Baumgartner:

>I regard Lhankor Mhy as a choice for "rebellious" Esrolian boys and men
>who want to get to wear a beard (IMO frowned upon by Esrolian women,
>therefore Not Done) and stop being told what to do by intimidating
>females. The semi-cloistered life at the Great Library with its academic
>hierarchy seems to be just the place for it.

While the Nochet Knowledge Temple did have its origins as you describe, I think it and much of the city is now more cosmopolitan than that as a result of the Pharoah's rule.

The Queens of Nochet tolerate this on the grounds that the leading civic leaders (such as the Malkioni Bishop etc) are all suitable controlled. Whether the Chief Sage of Nochet is actually worthy of such an honor is an interesting question.

HA>> An efficient military system depends mainly on its
>> leader.

>Esrolia is notorious for its inefficient military, which
>might answer how there are no military coups there.

Plenty of nations have low grade armies that have seized power in a coup.

>The usual method of Ernalda was to marry a champion for some time. In
>Esrolia, this has been established in the Year Kings.

The year kings aren't military champions.