God Learners in Mythic Dara Happa

From: David Cake <dave_at_starfish.net.au>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 18:26:19 +0800

>They certainly had access to Dara Happan documents on the skies, and to
>whatever knowledge the Theyalans had gathered during the God Project and
>which survived Arkat's war against Gbaji.

        Much Dara Happan sky lore got distributed widely very early on - they may not have had up to date current Dara Happan sky lore, but have access to old lore in Western Libraries and such. The God Learners, I am sure, had acess to a very wide variety of mythic sources, including many from cultures that the God Learners never reached in force (and some that they never directly contacted at all). Between the scholars of Nochet, the ancient Malkioni archives, the knowledge they plundered from the Arkati, and what they could find out by interrogation using the God Learning ritual, they had plenty. I figure they had a pretty decent working knowledge of Dara Happan mythology - even if they weren't actively interfering in it (much).

        Personally, I don't think the God Learners ever reached Dara Happa politically or in force, but I think it very likely that knowledge of God Learner techniques reached Dara Happa, and probably the occasional actual God Learner from Nochet travelled that far.

Loren on Babeester Gor
>In most regions, the cult is joked about and also
>> feared by men, who have little understanding of why Ernalda needs a
>> daughter to protect her when she already has a husband to do that.

>Players may joke about her. I don't think any Gloranthans joke about
>Babeester Gor any more than they joke about the Crimson Bat. Babeester Gor
>is a murderous, bloody bitch on wheels.

        And I bet they still joke about her! Just because something is terrifying doesn't mean there aren' jokes about it. Of course, not everyone may laugh.

	Cheers
		David

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #189