Vingan [in]fertility

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 11:17:49 -0500

> Being rather gross and approximate, but the fitter a woman the more
likely
she is to concieve and the more likely she is to carry the chld to term. However, the more strenuous activity she undertakes the more likely she is to miscarry or give birth prematurely.

Up to a point:
women under heavy physical stress stop having periods and become infertile. I first came across this in the RW in an account by a British doctor who was attached to Tito's partisans in WW2, all the women partisans he examined were in this state. I've also heard of this happening to female athletes (in training at the sort of level required to compete in the Olympics).

Whether the ordinary adventuring lifestyle would produce this effect I don't know.

Andrew