Umath's Infinity

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 22:50:18 +0000

Nick:
>>The Infinity rune doesn't pass down, even (or especially) to crossbred
>>offspring of Celestial Court entities.

Peter:
> Except in the singular case of Umath.

In which case it wasn't passed down. Umath was first ("source"?) of the Burtae (deities of mixed runic ancestry, unlike the devolution deities like the Sons of Aether or the daughters/Four Corners of Earth).

According to God Learner systematics, anyway. They do admit not to have understood Grower and Maker and related subjects that well, which accounts for the birth of Flamal from contact out of sky, earth, and water (much like a Burtae in the GL systematics).

Form Runes paired with infinity are difficult.

Man would be Grandpa Mortal, who definitely did not survive. Neither did Flamal, but he returned, and is awarded infinity. Beast would have to be Hykim/Mikyh. Being a dragon, infinity has different meanings here.
Spirit: I doubt the Horned Man would be the source for the spirit rune. Glorantha herself is the primal spirit (of the world).