Morale in battle

From: James Turner <j.a.turner_at_abdn.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 09:39:28 +0000 (GMT)

>To return this discussion a bit to Glorantha, Col. David
>Grossman in his excellent book "On Killing" ......

Is that the same guy that said most ancient battles consisted of:-
Two armies meeting
Men on each side shout, taunt and strut around One side bottles it and starts running
Other side runs after them hacking them to pieces.

Seems to me that anything you can do to effect your opponents morale in battle is a good thing.

Details of mass battle style magic are a bit sketchy (aren't they?) but the Lunars must have a good start with their mind altering magic and things like the bat.