Humakt the Separator

From: James Chapin <71022.1646_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 01:42:44 -0500

Message text written by INTERNET:glorantha_at_chaosium.com

"Other thoughts re Humakt the Separator:

In the case of one unspeakable cult beginning with T that makes use of severed heads and thus mixed identities, I can see Humakti being particularly diligent at removing this abominable confusion of identity, this mixing of this with that."

To quote from one of my Gim-Gim stories:

"It occurred to him that the the question of separation was the key between
Law and Chaos. Law separated things, distinguished one from another -- two sexes, male and female; two philosophies, good and evil, and so on. Chaos blurred all distinctions, including those between Life and Death -- for broos even
Love-making was an act of Death, for vampires Death was an act of Love-making."

So in this interpretation, the statement that Humakt does not care about chaos may be untrue. In practice, he has to be one of the least Chaotic Gods, unlike his quondam relatives, who spawned most of the Chaos Gods.

Jim Chapin