KoDP Ring Candidates

From: John M. Gilbert <jgilbert_at_cruzio.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 08:49:39 -0800

I hope this helps clear things up...

The only way (there is at least one minor exception to this) to get new or different nobles to choose your Ring from, is as replacements for the old ones as they die off. It has been my experience that cults of replacement nobles and starting nobles are randomly distributed on a percentage basis. Thus, members of popular cults are more common (Orlanth, Ernalda etc.) and less popular cults are rare (Elmal, Eurmal etc.). This proportional representation does not seem to be effected by the current candidates you have, your primary deity or the kinds of temples you maintain.

This explains the problem of Elmali clans having a shortage or lack of Elmali.

The best remedy I have found for this problem has been to cycle thru my candidates by getting the less valuable killed off. Eventually you will get the cults you need (a slow and tedious process).

The best way have I have found to eliminate useless candidates is to send them on an exploration mission to the Skyfall Lake area with the smallest possible party (3 fyrd members). There, they grovel before Cragspider and get killed. Then, more than a year later they are replaced by a hopefully more useful noble (What! Three more Ernaldans again! _at_*#&!!!).

John