hunting alynxes

From: Martin Crim <MCrim_at_erols.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 20:45:52 -0500

TTrotsky wrote, in response to me:
><< Despite the mythical link, however, Orlanthi have to keep dogs for
>herding.>>
>
> Here I disagree; the Heortlings regard dogs as unclean, and in fact,
>according to Greg, the primary use of the domesticated alynx is as a herding
>animal.

As for the former, Arabs and Koreans consider dogs unclean but keep them anyhow. As for the latter, this is one of the Top Ten Things Greg Stafford Got Wrong About Glorantha (tm). I was of the hunting alynx mindset, too, but was converted to the ain't-no-way camp by Nick Brooke, who pithily opined that dogs should be dogs and cats, cats.