tangental offgefleugen

From: bjm10_at_cornell.edu
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 12:33:24 -0500 (EST)

u> If you don't play in the Sartar area, you don't have to ever see a duck.

Mention the bounty on Ducks after Starbrow's rebellion. The PCs could be duck-hunters

> What has FGS "misinterpreted"? As far as I can tell, you've been

GS has his own take on the extant Gloranthan material. While he is the most prolific of all Gloranthan scholars, this does not necessarily make him infallible. I have already mentioned his misunderstanding that led to his constant use of "Starbrow" rather than "Firehair" some years back.

> going off on a bit of a an ol' tangent from other fannish sources on
> Vinga long before this rose to the level of being a 'greg'. Are

And what is your point?

> you objecting to there being a 'greg', or merely that it wasn't
> everyone (Orlanthi everyone, maybe) else's material that got it in
> the neck?

Nah, I'm objecting to people objecting to me daring not to toe the Party Line and be a good little apparatchik.

> So, it looks more like a rearguard action than a principled stand you're
> taking on 'diversity'. The odd 'IMG' or what-not might clarify that you

What principled action? I'm grumbling in the time-honored and ancient tradition of grumpy old gamers. RQ3 may have been the earliest version I ever owned, but I was familiar with RQ and Glorantha when CoP could still be bought new.

> were defending your own Glorantha/game, rather than rubbishing other
> people's.

Rubbishing? Are you saying that Chaosium, oops Wizards Attic, oops Issaries Inc, rubbishes campaigns (rubbishing, that sounds so very quaint and baroque) when they come out with stuff like Elmal, Vinga, etc?

> Believe me, we play in Sartar and some of our neighbours believe some
> quite _barking mad_ things. And they have the nerve to cast up about

Of course, they're quite barking mad. You should see the absolute bizarre nonsense that those northerners keep bringing down with them. One could barely recognize their "Orlanth" at times.

Let us consider that in our own world, executions were held over whether or not to cross oneself with two or three fingers in Russia...