Re: Voria; Pelandan Waertagi; Vinga

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 12:54:12 -0800

Chris Bell wrote

> Voria was the herald of the released gods when
> they were released from Hell at the successful conclusion of the
> Lightbringer's quest and the reformation of the world under the great
> compromise.

Well, Voria represents Spring, which returned to the world at the end of the LBQ (when Orlanth and Ernalda were reunited).

> Could perhaps Voria be a manifestation of Arachne Solara?

I imagine only in the sense that all goddesses and gods are (since Arachne Solara most likely represents Glorantha).

David Cake wrote of the Waertagi

> I intend to use 'em in Pelanda

Oh. The Blue People are Waertagi. Makes much sense, I don't know why I never thought so. I think I may have misinterpreted an answer at a GloranthaCon, when Greg or Sandy said something about how many different types of blue people there were. But maybe this was in reference to the Veldang (whom the Pelandan blues definitely aren't).

Simon Hibbs wrote

> Vinga was Vingkot's daughter, I believe

Which fits with what King of Dragon Pass says...

Speaking of King of Dragon Pass, the first review I've seen is at <http://www.rpg.net/news+reviews/reviews/rev_2592.html>.