Top Ten Things Greg Stafford Got Wrong About Glorantha

From: MOB <mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 16:15:59 +1100

G'day all,

Top Ten Things Greg Stafford Got Wrong About Glorantha

Martin sez:

>As for the former, Arabs and Koreans consider dogs unclean but keep them
>anyhow. As for the latter, this is one of the Top Ten Things Greg Stafford
>Got Wrong About Glorantha (tm).

Hey, we've already got Nick's acerbicly perceptive Top Ten Things I Hate About Glorantha (check out his Homepage!) - who wants to throw in some more to Martin's list and make it add up to 10? As someone who got personally burned by the way Greg brought I'd toss in the whole Elmal sheebang, but Nick's already adroitly dealt with this in his own Top 10.

>I was of the hunting alynx mindset, too,
>but was converted to the ain't-no-way camp by Nick Brooke, who pithily
>opined that dogs should be dogs and cats, cats.

I agree absolutely. This issue was debated some time ago: at the time I said thought it frankly ludicrous that *cats* could be used like working dogs, rounding up livestock. Domesticated alynxes do pretty much what RW housecats do: whatever they damn please!

Wind Lords, tribal kings and the like keep the mountain-lion sized alynxes as a sort of status-symbol, because only they can afford to keep them. Bit like owning an expensive sports car.

Cheers,

MOB

MICHAEL O'BRIEN - 9 Parker Street Richmond VIC 3121 Australia +61-3-9428-9048
           Email me : mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au
     MOB's Home Page: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/index.html
MOB's Glorantha Page: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/glorindex.html
 DOB Footy Scrapbook: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/dobfootycard.html