Blue People

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 16:27:08 +1300

David Dunham:

Me>> To be more correct, the Waertagi are among the Blue People.
>> The Blue People of Pelanda are certainly connected to
>> the Waertagi (as can be seen by their logicians) but the
>> other blue people (Zaranistangi etc) are not.

>You're saying that the Blues who controlled Pelanda were of
>different types, right?

No. I'm saying that there are different nations of Blue People and that the Blues of Pelanda had good relations with the Waertagi that sailed upon the Neliomi sea.

I don't think the salt-water waertagi would have liked the fresh waters of the Janubian (and later the sweet) Sea very much so they were quite happy to have the local blues have it. They did war with other blues, such as the Banthi.

>On more reflection, it occurs to me that the Blue Vadeli were likely
>involved.

I disagree for three reasons. First the Storm Age Vadeli Empire was well to the south, encompassing Jrustela and Umathela. They would not appeared in strength so far north in the lands of the Kachasti and the waters of the Waertagi without some big ruckus occuring, especially when they had acquired a bad odour about the discovery of death.

Secondly the Vadeli blueness stems from their decomposition of flesh rather than the deep blue sea. I do not think they would be able to intrinsically breathe water like the Pelandan Blues do.

Thirdly if the Blue Vadeli were involved then we would have Browns and Reds in Pelanda which is not the case from the description of the Logicians.