Silly City Names

From: Fiorito, David <David.Fiorito_at_qwest.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 14:54:48 -0700

Hey! I live in King of Prussia!

I hear what you are saying though. There is a place nearby called Pendell Hill. Okay it is a big hill. The first settlers called it Pen (hill in their language). The second group came along and spoke a different language and the heard it was called Pen but saw that it was on a hill so the called it Pen Dell (literally hill). Then the English came along and heard the place was called Pen Dell so they called it Pendell Hill (hillhill hill).

Cheers,

Dave

>From: Eric Rowe <rowe_at_chaosium.com>
>Subject: Re: Top 10 things... (tm)
>
>So, what you're really saying is that real world place names make
>sense. King of Prussia, PA, Lebanon, OR, Chevy Chase, MD, etc.
>
>I find Glorathan names no more silly than RW ones. Please defend your
>thesis now.

>Eric Rowe

Project Development - Qwest Internet Solutions - (610) 647 5535 ext.201

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #208