Christian's Bay

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 06:30:15 -0000

Peter attempts a generous-spirited retcon:

> Christian's Bay is now seriously defunct. It's surely no
> coincidence that Greg placed "Corflu" there to blank out
> the mistake.

Er, except that Corflu's first appearance was on the same map as Christian's Bay. (Besides, some would argue that "Corflu" is not in itself an improvement as sensible place-names go).

For those who don't know: Greg promised William Church, the map and counter artist for "Nomad Gods", that he'd name a Gloranthan landmark in that game after his imminently-expected child. The baby arrived, and was named "Christian" by his cruel and mocking parents. And Greg therefore had to stick a "Christian" landmark onto the map of Prax.

"Christian's Bay" is where the River of Cradles flows out to sea. The name has never reappeared in print since "Nomad Gods", and a good thing too.

___
MOB writes:

> I just hope Hero Wars doesn't perpetuate the "snuff out Yelmalio as we
> know it and bugger everything that's been published already" approach
> that first appeared with KoS.

Surely *nobody* could be so foolish...

:::: Email: <mailto:Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com> Nick