Silly names

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 15:33:41 EST

In a message dated 12/9/99 4:50:41PM, you write:

<< At least we don't have a God named
 after Greg >>

Else we might have have the Manchester United Red Empire invading Staffordshire, and there might be horrible consequences. (Strange, mysterious beings from Manchester City Plateau might be the least of our worries). We should be thankful for small mercies.

I think it is almost a Gloranthan tradition to have silly puns for place names. Sun County has South Fork and worrying 'Dallas' connections frex. Personally speaking I am not interested in the 'actual' languages of Glorantha. It seems silly to me to be playing a game in your native language (in my case English) with place names from a foreign language thrown in. It makes me think of the Rowan Atkinson sketch where he is an alien speaking through a faulty 'translator' (if anyone has seen/remembers that)

Keith N

Keith N