silly place names

From: Kevin P. McDonald <paul_mcdonald_at_ncsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 09:18:03 -0500

Hey all,

I know this thread has been beaten like a dusty rug already, but I feel compelled to put in my two cents worth. I personally *like* the quirky place names. I don't want the game to be too silly either, but I see ducks, jack-o-bears, and the occasional odd place name to be a much needed reminder from God (er.. Greg) saying "Don't take it all so seriously
- - have fun!"

I also find it refreshing to see something that reminds me of the early days of role-playing, where games were made by regular folks for the pure fun of it, rather than serious business/marketing wonks. The fun that the designers have making a game is infectious. I seriously hope that Issaries doesn't forget this while they are trying to get Hero Wars to market.