Re: Grousing about shepherds

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 17:09:38 GMT

Gary R Switzer:
> (Note: I take the description of Voria and Voriof in KoS to
> indicate that you are just as likely to find a girl herding sheep as
> you are to find a boy tending a herb garden, that is, often enough. YGMV)

Why? It's been established that the Orlanthi _do_ have preconceptions about gender roles -- it's just that they don't get all Dairy 'Appen about them. Thus I can assure that All[*] of the Child Shepherds in our clan are boys, just as All[*] our weaponthanes are men. Similarly, All[*] the Healers and Uraldans in Herbhome are women. OK, I don't trouble myself to be precise in my 85%'s, but you get the general idea.

Cheers,
Alex.