Playing Piano in an Ulerian Shrine

From: Gary R Switzer <gswitzer_at_loop.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 02:25:07 -0800 (PST)

Keith sez to Bob Stancliff:

<< Side note: Uleria is noted for courtesans, and courtesans are noted for  singing and playing music... another Harmony tie.>>

>This is an extremely tenuous link. Courtesans are primarily noted for other
>things. Since when has a Brothel been a place of Harmony, Sacred or not?

I think Uleria's Runes are just fine as they are but I also think that the Ulerian who is _just_ an Ulerian, and nothing else, is a rare thing indeed...like finding a waiter here in Los Angeles who _isn't_ an actor or screenwriter. I suspect many Ulerians are also initiates (or better) of Donandar and a goodly number know their way around the ways of Minlister, Mahome and the other household gods. You don't go to an Ulerian shrine for a quick snog (that's what Barntar made haystacks for) but to spend some quality time having all your senses stimulated. Song, dance, food (you knew I'd mention that), drink, art and talk are all key parts of the package that adds to the wellbeing  of the community of which Ulerians are a part.

Gary R Switzer
Aero Hobbies

A thane walks into his stead and says to his wife "Honey, why can't you do to me what the Ulerian does?" and she smiles and says "I can, but why waste it on you when I can do it to the Ulerian?" =)