Errors in Troll Gods

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 10:45:31 +1300

Gazza:

>I also recently got a copy of Troll Gods, and I've noticed at least
>two apparent errors.

The decision to make Dobyski do internal artwork and what else?

>Firstly, Subere is listed as the source of
>the Darkness rune - but isn't that Nakala? Subere, surely, is just
>the current OWNER of the rune.

According to the God Learners, yes. The Uz perhaps may know better.

>Secondly - and this may not technically be an error - Himile is
>listed as the source of the Cold rune.

The Cold Rune, like Shadow and Heat, is a derivative rune hence while Himile is its source, it doesn't provide him with the link to infinity that the primal runes do.

>While this appears reasonable, you have to wonder why
>Issaries isn't therefore the source of the Issaries rune (at least
>in the sense that he doesn't have the Infinity rune).

He sold the spare to Argan Argar.

>I believe this
>should just say that he is the owner (and possibly sole user) of
>the Cold rune,

Valind also uses the Cold Rune.