Re: Inkarne Long-Lived; dogs; Black Horse Troop

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 22:10:22 -0800

Andre Jarosch wrote

> - - Feathered Horse Queen ("Inkarne")

I'm fairly certain Inkarne is not the Feathered Horse Queen. My guess is she's the Butterfly Princess of Holay.

Mikael Raaterova replied to me

> Last time you voiced this argument, i commented that Orlanth fought the
> _Bad_ Dogs. Hence there are dogs which are not bad. If all dogs were bad,
> Orlanth would simply have fought the _dogs_.

It's safer to assume all dogs are potentially the Bad Dog.

> All the more reason to revere Yinkin as a sacred beast and not enslave him
> to do dog-work.

When have I ever said that Yinkin does dog-work?

Simon Bray wrote

> I also wish more was published about Ethilrist, I still think that playing
> a Black Horse Knight would be superb roleplaying entertainment.

At the LA Glorantha-Con, Robin Laws ran a game where you played one of the Black Horse Troop. The steed, of course, not the mortal rider who could after all be replaced easily enough. (I believe this was the first time our artist, Stefano Gaudiano [who painted the Black Horse Troop] had played a roleplaying game.)